google6c645be934d0c6f0.html

Frank Nurser’s House, Old Road, and The Ship Inn

Photo: Braunston History Society

On the left is Frank Nurser’s house.  In the background, under the LNWR bridge can be seen The Ship Inn.   Between 1900 and 1901 this was under the proprietorship of one H. Nurser (Harry, Hedley or Hubert?) who advertised in the Midland Daily Telegraph as providing ‘good accommodation for cyclists and travellers: apartments, piano and good fishing: two minutes walk from the LNWR station and 20 minutes from the Great Central station. 

     © Graham Nurser 2012