google6c645be934d0c6f0.html

Winston/Alec & Ironside

Photo:  Christopher Lunnon (Narrow Boat Magazine Archive)

After loading small coal at Baddesley Colliery the motor Alec and butty Ironside complete preparations for the long trip south.  Alec was built at Braunston for Samuel Barlow and launched in April 1942 under the original name of Winston.  She was renamed in 1952.  Ironside was also built at Braunston for Samuel Barlow and launched in December 1939.  (Narrow Boat Magazine  Winter 2015)

     © Graham Nurser 2012